BUILDING A BETTER LIFE PROGRAM (BBL)
The Building a Better Life (BBL) Program aims to educate family members to develop basic knowledge and skills necessary to successfully integrate mainstream into society becoming positive contributing members .
The programs are offered free of charge to resident families of the In The Pines Community:
1. Language Literacy: focuses on adult literacy workshops, English improvement classes, and coaching on obtaining a GED
2. Financial Literacy: focuses on teaching budgeting, money management, savings, and home ownership planning.
3. Workforce Readiness: helps participants with resume writing workshops, employment search tips, and professional learning resources
4. Civic Engagement: teaches basics of civic engagement such as jury duty, voter registration, volunteering, and how to access legal services
5. Home Care: teaches basics of home maintenance and provides cleaning supplies in order to ensure that the apartments and town-homes are well-maintained
6. Healthcare, Nutrition, Exercise, and Childhood Obesity Prevention: offers workshops on family- centered strategies to develop healthy lifestyles and prevent childhood obesity.